View Single Post
Old 06-25-2016, 10:10 AM   #119
sig

sig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the rough

I watch a lot of big 10 games and have probably watched 10 games a year of this guy. The potential is there especially on the offensive end. He can block some shots. I don't think he will be much of an on the ball the defender except in the paint and small ball lineups will send him to the bench. My take is he was a man among boys in college after his 1st year and was able to dominate based on his physical advantages. Hope it works out but I'm not optimistic he has the competitive fire to put in the work.

Hopefully RC works his magic and motivates this guy because RC knows how to use players who are skilled. Gonna be some doghouse time I expect so they better build a big one. My fear is he will struggle as he no longer will have those advantages against the best in the world but he could become a nice offensive low post player and the Mavs could really use that.

I would of taken Yogi Ferrell or Isiah Taylor. If Yogi was 2 inches taller he be a top 15 pick. He does everything well and can really shoot from deep. He took 2nd in the college 3 point contest and is exceptional at the pull up jumper in transition. Taylor does most every thing well except shoot consistently but that is something he work out. He was outstanding from the FT line so he can shoot. Anyway, these 2 did not get drafted and I could see Yogi being a summer league star. So maybe the Mavs can land one still.

I'm kind of disappointed the Mavs didn't buy a pick. I really liked that McCaw kid. Then of all teams to buy the pick and take McCaw, it was Golden St.

Last edited by sig; 06-25-2016 at 10:10 AM.
sig is offline   Reply With Quote