View Single Post
Old 07-08-2016, 11:13 AM   #93
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Sorry, but I don't like this comparison at all. In 2010-11 Chandler was 28 and averaged about 28 mpg. Bogut will be 32, and his minutes have gone down the last three seasons. In bursts he will effective as long as his minutes are managed, but let's not kid ourselves and think he'll have the impact Tyson did.
I don't really care what you feel, because your feelings (and the age argument) do nothing to address the fact that the cold, hard numbers show that Bogut has a simile game. I also never claimed that Bogut would be Chandler 2.0 or even 1.0, but they are similar.

The fact is, Bogut has a very similar game and impact when on the court. He's a defensive guy who will score inside and pull down some boards. I'm well aware of the age (Chandler has gotten old too), but in 20-25 min he's going to be solid and have the sort of impact that Tyson had in a similar manner. That style of game really works for us-- more so than the type of game Zaza had.

Will he win us a championship? No way this squad Gets out of the second round. Will he play 40mpg? Let's hope not. Will he have Chandler-like production in his minutes out there? The numbers say yes.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote