View Single Post
Old 08-07-2016, 06:02 PM   #404
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I just don't get the Durant hate at all. People should be upset at the system and the fact that the player's union wouldn't allow a smoother cap raise. Otherwise, Durant had every right to choose where he wanted to go. And people wouldn't have given him nearly the same grief if he went somewhere else like Boston.

Don't have free agency if players aren't allowed to go where they want.
IMO he wouldn't have caught the same grief if he went to Boston. Instead, he went to the winningest team of all time, which also happened to eliminate him from the playoffs in heart-breaking manner. The way he did it -- indicating to Russ and Collison and others in the franchise that he was staying -- is also a part of it. I'm a UT guy through and through, and even I have begun to dislike our most famous basketball alumn.