View Single Post
Old 09-03-2016, 01:18 PM   #2
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

I know he is just naming some possible players but there is a 0% chance that a package of Curry/Simba/2018 1st is enough to land PG13, BG32, or Cousins if one of them was on the market. We could get players in the Dragic tier I'm sure but what would be the point? It doesn't really move our needle enough to make us contend with GSW's now, and it takes away youth and future assets for maybe 3-5 wins in the standings?

IMO the Mavs would only be in the market for smaller trades, not blockbuster moves. They don't have enough assets for the top players and moving all the assets for borderline all star players just seems like poor asset management for where we are at right now IMO. I could see them moving guys like Bogut or Wes if we fell out of playoff race. Maybe if Curry/Simba showed they could play a larger role someone could be moved. I just don't see a big package deal happening though.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote