View Single Post
Old 10-04-2016, 11:00 AM   #29
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

I liked pretty much all of the shots Barnes took. Probably with the exception of one shot that looked off balance and then one where he drove in the paint and had an awkward looking shot. His shots were not falling so I liked the idea but the actual shot itself I thought wasn't great. His jump shots were not falling but it's really early in the preseason process and he is on a new team, in a new role, and he has amplified expectations. I'm not really worried right now about his shooting percent it's more about how comfortable he looks, the shots he's taking, and the defensive effort he's showing. KD was like 2-9fg with the Warriors in his debut, with a full compliment of starters around him. Not to mention he's vastly superior to HB.

Also HB is 24yrs old. Off the top of my head Chauncey Billups when he was 24 was labeled as a disappointment and then he joined RC in Detroit and he credits RC with helping him.

http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas/mave...j-mayo-signing

Quote:
O.J. Mayo reached out to Chauncey Billups, one of his favorite players in the league, while researching potential destinations this summer. Billups strongly recommended that Mayo play for Rick Carlisle, who played a significant role in Billups achieving his potential.

“He said (Carlisle) is a great coach for me to help expand my game,” Mayo said.

Billups, like Mayo now, was a No. 3 overall pick in his mid-20s who hadn’t lived up high-lottery expectations when he signed with the Carlisle-coached Pistons in the summer of 2002. Detroit was Billups’ fifth NBA team, and while he showed promise as a part-time starter the previous season in Minnesota, he had yet to prove he could be a premier point guard.

Carlisle gave Billups that opportunity in 2002-03, when he started for a 50-win team that advanced to the conference finals. That was the only seasons Carlisle coached Billups, but Billups gives Carlisle credit for helping him become a five-time All-Star and one-time NBA champion who is now known as Mr. Big Shot.
Quote:
Billups’ advice to Mayo: Let Carlisle coach you.
Now I'm not saying HB will become a 5x All Star. The Mayo thing didn't work out but that dude fell off a truck after he left here so maybe RC kept his career afloat one last year before it tanked. RC has brought out the best in most people who have come here, probably with the exception of Crowder, where Crowder says he could do more than stand in a corner. But it's preseason so let's just give it some time(not directed at anyone unless your name is thesportychannel), I thought he at least looked comfortable and took shots that looked good. All his shots seemed to hit front rim, indicative of not having your legs and I would think fairly common early in the preseason.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote