View Single Post
Old 10-20-2016, 03:27 PM   #47
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budapest Maverick View Post
Why are you assuming that anybody judges him based on six preseason games? He is a four year veteran, with pretty clear limitations (handles, vision, non-set shots). Not saying he cannot improove, but it's pretty clear at this point that he is never going to be a legit Nr.1 guy. I would be shocked if becomes a legit Nr.2 guy, actually. That doesn't mean he can't help us, but saying that "he's far from a guarantee to be a star" is a huge understatement. He has zero chance of becoming a star, and that's not me being a hater, but simply being realistic. He has zero elite tools on offense, none, including physical attributes.
Can't say that I'm overly impressed with Barnes thus far but it is a different system and a completely different situation so we need to give it some time.

I still think if he can eventually fill the Matrix role that he will reach my expectations. If he turns out to be a critical role player I'd be ok with that even though he is getting "go-to guy" money. DWill, Dirk and Wes are our catalysts on offense and I'm hoping Curry and Anderson will take their games up a few notches to take some of that offensive pressure off Barnes.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote