View Single Post
Old 10-21-2016, 11:30 AM   #58
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebo View Post
I think this is the biggest problem - people define star status differently. A star can be well known name by the league. What I have read, your description would fit what I define as superstar.

I have nothing valuable to add in terms of how high Barnes' sealing is. People should keep in mind that when he was signed, most agreed that he could be number 2 option. This would have Matthews and Barnes filling 2nd and 3rd man roles and put Mavs in a race to sign 'star' or 'superstar' caliber player.

I have no clue where this Barnes number 1 potential talk started. Mavs' training staff did say they wanted to increase his responsibilities, but this is mostly just to see what exactly is his ceiling.
Pretty sure people have high expectations of Barnes based on his paycheck alone... It's Erick Dampier 2.0 -- no matter how well he plays, people are going to bag on him because he's not playing as well as he's getting paid. Hopefully he ends up somewhere closer to Marion, where he's slightly overpaid, but earns his paycheck as a glue guy who does most of his work outside the box score.

And that's fine, we shouldn't expect anything more from Barnes. Honestly, I see him and Matthews as being kind of the same thing -- cornerstone players brought here to lure a superstar. We have everything in place, just need to get a badass scorer on the floor and we're right back in the mix.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote