View Single Post
Old 10-26-2016, 11:47 PM   #136
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Agree with most of what you say.
I think Rick will eventually be forced to inject some youth and/or energy into the starting lineup in the form of Anderson or Barea. This starting lineup looks very lethargic out of the gates and these large early deficits are going to take its toll in more ways than one as the season progresses.

I have the same concerns about Powell and Wes. I've always wondered why we gave Powell that contract when he never has been a great fit for Rick's system. He should get a good opportunity though this season. Wes seems like a guy that could go to the bench and benefit from it.

I do tend to disagree a bit about Curry and Barnes though. I don't think Barnes will ever live up to his contract but I do think he will eventually find his niche on this team. He is talented and a decent 3pt shooter and still under 25 so I think a lot can be salvaged. I saw some signs that Curry could become a solid spark off the bench. Like Barnes he will need to find his comfort zone on this team and I still think Curry has the tools to become our next JET. I also think Barnes can fill a similar role as Matrix did on this team.

Oh yeah. Tonight I don't think either guy was super impressive this evening, but they're both still young and I have no doubt Rick will squeeze blood from a stone to get them to fill as big a role as possible here.

I also saw on twitter, and tend to agree that it's a possibility that Barea/Simba might actually be better than the guys they're playing behind right now, though if anything I'd think Wes would be the first guy in line for a possible demotion in favor of one of them.

All said, one game, and a game that we could have won. No reason to panic yet.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote