View Single Post
Old 10-27-2016, 12:16 PM   #147
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
1. Wes throwing up bricks and air balls is not a problem with offense. He's still doing his step back brick-shot that he loved so much last year. Shot selection? With the exception of 1 end of clock shot that I recall, he had several that were taken with plenty of time left that were just poor choices. This is not a problem with the offense. Selection and shot are solely the responsibility of the player, unless of course, the shot clock dictates that a shot be taken.

2. Really? Did you ever see Jefferson back down Powell? It looked like a man playing against a boy. Height is not everything when it comes to defense and rebounding. If so, then Manut Bol would've been one of the greatest rebounders in the history of the NBA. Why do you think that the Mavs playing a zone is bad for rebounding? Turner heads to the 3 point line and the bigs stay in the paint. How exactly is this worse? Long rebounds from missed 3's? That I might grant, but then again, aren't those preferred attempts compared to layups, especially if contested.
1) Missing good shots doesn't make him a "black hole". A black hole refers to a player who kills the offensive flow of the team. Matthews was fine at that. He just missed some shots. I like all the experimenting Rick was doing with him-- more cuts and posts than last year. He'll start making more.

2) Mobility and weak side was more of an issue than raw strength. They basically killed us by having a quick guard drawing the center all game. Bogut and Mejri couldn't have overcome that. You either choose to stay with the center and get killed by the guard or you rotate and they kill us on spacing.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote