View Single Post
Old 10-27-2016, 12:21 PM   #148
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
1) Wes is fine. The offense is not.

2) Dirk is 7'0" and Powell is 6'11". How is that "undersized"? Zone is also WORSE for rebounding, which we were also struggling with.

I think he made pretty fair points there. Wes was probably the least productive rotation player on the team yesterday. Bogut didn't play much mostly due to matchups, but every time I looked up it seemed like Wes was missing shots that are usually pretty good looks for him. He was bad enough yesterday that I've officially started worrying that he'll never get close to where he was with Portland. One game isn't enough of a sample size to draw any real conclusions (I'm looking more at what we've got after game 20-25), but Wes was probably the worst starter on the team yesterday.

And calling Powell/Dirk "undersized" is fair... neither guy really protected the rim well when they played together, and neither is a particularly strong rebounder for his size/position. It was more apparent than usual last night because we have nobody on this roster that matches up remotely well to Myles Turner.

Edit: According to Indy Cornrows (a great Pacers blog), 54 out of the Mavs' 104 FGAs were considered "uncontested", meaning there wasn't a defender within 4 feet of the shooter. I'd guess at least 6 of Wes' 3pt FGAs were of this nature. JFWIW

Last edited by spreedom; 10-27-2016 at 12:46 PM.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote