View Single Post
Old 10-29-2016, 11:54 AM   #95
Marvin Jackson
Banned

Marvin Jackson is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Lots of good stuff here.

1. Powell was used perfectly in the preseason. You can just tell that Rick is using him in a "I don't have confidence in you" sort of way. It's weird to see him just absolutely fall off the cliff like this since he was easily our best player preseason.
2. Deron's playmaking skills and Wes's offense need dramatic work. I cannot believe I'm watching the same player who was once one of the best pgs in the league. He can shoot, but his ball handling and playmaking are just shit right now.
3. Anderson wants so badly to be good, but he needs to be level-headed about it. Stop trying so hard.
4. I would say that thank god Barnes is better at four. It might make the Dirkless era bearable to watch.
5. Bogut was better this game, but it'll be sad if center is once again the team's true weakness. The Dirk era has been plagued with mediocre to poor centers. The Deandre drama still haunts this team.

But yes, two games. And I'm not sure where all of this top 4 team stuff came from. That's the everything coming together and everyone 110% of their game ceiling. But we're not a championship team and need to focus on life after Dirk. If you don't develop the young guys now, then rebuilding will be awful.
Powell is garbage. punk falls down more than he rebounds or makes a catch.

you think deron is struggling "right now". Try the last 7 years since he left Jerry Sloan's coaching. You'd be silly to think carlisle could get anything decent out of his loser.

Anderson didn't get any better last season as a player, because carlisle had him sitting on the end of the bench every game. That will hurt a young players growth in the NBA. Anderson is now trying to do TOO MUCH!!!. Also I knew Rc would force feed him minutes after he missed that easy dunk/layup in the first half. Rc has a habit of babying players that make a lot of dumb mistakes. Basically the worse you are the more he'll play you. As evidence last night with Anderson getting, what 30 minutes? Haven't checked the stat sheet and really don't need to.

Bogut will be fine. the Coach isn't drawing up plays for him to catch 3 feet from the rim and just turn and shoot. The players can't feed a post entry pass. They've never been able to do that. They will try Bogut about 2 times a game on the post but they're giving it to him 10 feet from the basket where he has to take like 5 crab dribbles to back in and by then there help defense is all around. Also he's not a great post player. He's serviceable and ok if they pass to him under the rim within 3-4 feet.
Marvin Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote