View Single Post
Old 10-31-2016, 10:22 PM   #15
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Wade View Post
you're right. He's not looking. I can see that Finny-Smith is a great player but they won't play him. Same with Anderson last season and all the other rookies the Mavs have drafted over the last 10 seasons.

Frankly I think Carlisle is completely satisfied with being about the 8th seed every season and being bounced quickly in the playoffs. Carlisle and Cuban are both very pleased with that each and every season.
While I appreciate your sarcasm, I think we're going to have to agree to disagree. Last year, Matthews logged very heavy minutes, especially in light of him coming back from a major injury and surgery and at times imo looked overused and ineffective. He might have benefited from less playing time, and there were other players like Simba who could've benefited from playing some of those minutes. Simba's development may have been accelerated while at the same time reducing the workload placed on a recovering Matthews.

Just because I believe that Carlisle is more comfortable with veterans doesn't logically follow that Cuban and Carlisle are happy with so-so results. I'll chalk up that assertion from you to sarcasm and not fallacious logic. If you want to argue that Charlie V's minutes played were so precious last year that there would've been a huge drop off in production had a different/ younger player been playing his minutes, then knock yourself out. I just won't agree with you.

Thankfully, the Mavericks are moving away for the rent-a-player strategy that they've been having to implement the last few years and focusing on getting younger. I applaud them for this, but it is not without risks. Still, they won't know what they have until they play them. Worst case scenario is they all fail and are busts. Still, if the Mavs are going to be mediocre to poor, I'd rather watch younger players with an opportunity to show something and develop rather than older veterans who certainly won't be here in 2+ years.

Oh yeah, Carlisle has been the head coach for a while. Is it solely Cuban's fault that year after year the Mavs traded away their first round draft choices? Maybe you disagree, but that speaks volumes to me as to what the expectations were from these draft picks...

Last edited by turin; 10-31-2016 at 10:34 PM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote