View Single Post
Old 11-01-2016, 11:16 AM   #141
Jeff Wade
Banned

Jeff Wade is infamous around these partsJeff Wade is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Cuban lied about Jordan verbally committing? Fans wanted defense from the 2 with Dirk and Parsons alrdy under contract. It was more about getting defenders than a shooter but preferably both. It was all about the Wes/Danny Green type guys everyone wanted. We couldn't have 3 negative defenders in the starting lineup with questions at pg and center as well.
Is this some form of sarcasm (or troll that I'm missing badly)? Tell me you're a troll would you bryan?

It wasn't a professional move to go and blurt to the fans a so-so verbal agreement. Cuban was at that point trying to put "pressure" on Jordan to sign. Some people don't like that sort of pressure and obligation to sign.

I also thought it was sort of weird the way some fans were acting like it was GOLD and a DONE DEAL. I kept asking them while they were on their phones reading about it. "Did he sign". Or is it just cuban popping off? They got the message. I've been around the NBA for a long time.

The same sort of thing happened with Rashard Lewis back in 2003. I remember Cuban saying it's like a 90% chance he signs with Dallas.

As for the defense. I think Dirk is ok defender. So many rip on him for some reason I'll never know. Without him we would never grab a defensive rebound. Also he gets many deflections.

I remember some fans throwing out the idea of JJ Reddick or Kyle Korver. I do also remember a lot of guys talking about Danny Green. I don't know if any talked about Wes Matthews. I don't think that really ever came up.

Monta was an ok Defensive player, but he was out of position defending shooting guards.

The real question is who is better at basketball.

Last edited by Jeff Wade; 11-01-2016 at 11:53 AM.
Jeff Wade is offline   Reply With Quote