View Single Post
Old 11-03-2016, 02:18 PM   #94
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Barnes has a new role on a new team -- anybody who thinks they have his season "figured out" is kidding themselves.
I don't think I did that either (if it was directed at me). What I did, was putting a "cap" on Barnes, as someone who cannot become a star. This is where that argument with DevinHarriswillstart started. Saying that I think he can't become a star because of apparent skill limiations is not "figuring out" where he will be in a season's time.

I have no idea what he'll average and on what efficiency. Even an 18/6/2 on 56%TS season would not shock me, where he is our best player, and I wouldn't be shocked if he had a 15/6/2 on 52%TS kind of season, and couldn't be a true impact player for us.

I don't know, and I never said that I have any idea, what I said is that I don't think that he has any chance of becoming a star player, because he does not have the handles, passing, penetration and foul drawing skills that perimeter stars need to possess. That's all I was saying, and I do think that my argument is sound, as tough it may be to contemplate from an emotional standpoint.

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 11-03-2016 at 02:21 PM.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote