View Single Post
Old 11-04-2016, 11:18 AM   #29
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

There is no reason to believe that Boogie will not be moved by trade deadline. I find it hard to believe he is going to stay in the team that can not make it to the playoffs. He has been stuck in Kevin Love 2.0 situation and will get out of there unless traded. His value may be a little down also because for sure he will re-sign only with playoff team.

My guess is that he ends up on free agency no matter what. Eventually in Eastern Conference. May somehow reunite with Rondo or Wall. If Mavs end up having disastrous start to the season, they may be in the race for trade deadline and actually have a chance to later re-sign Boogie thanks to Mavs' good track record for making playoffs almost every season.

There is zero change Kings will trade him before February though, unless someone is going to be really generous. Any trade will give them first round pick(s) and they will want to have those picks as good as possible, no sense trading him earlier and have Boogie produce good team record before season is over. Some young piece(s) and two lottery first rounders are probably going to be his price. Kings did want to sign Matthews, so there might be some interest...

Powell+Bogut would match the salary but you probably would have to add Simba as sweetener. Unless you are parting Matthews for Boogie straight up. Both cases would obviously include draft picks. Hard to imagine Simba not being included there. At the same time Powell has reasonable contract and Bogut is expiring.

I am sure Mavs did not plan any serious trades this season but if things continue as they are, they probably will try to get in the race if some big names are going to be thrown around.

Last edited by Thebo; 11-04-2016 at 11:27 AM.
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote