View Single Post
Old 11-18-2016, 12:35 PM   #36
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...ened-mavericks

Here's the much-anticipated T-Mac article about Parsons leaving the Mavericks. Gives an insider perspective on his relationship with Cuban as well as both sides' perspectives on what happened leading up to the early days of free agency.

I personally have nothing against Parsons. I wish him well. I think he was really good for us when he was healthy, and if we knew we could count on him for 75+ games per season over the next four years I think he'd still be here. But the MBT obviously had pretty good info regarding his knee surgeries and that was that. I think Barnes is going to prove to be a good investment and probably more valuable than Parsons.
I think there is a lot of reason to be upset about the Mavs past few years, but I think some of that anger is falsely being directed at Parsons. Parsons didn't quit on the team like Rondo. He didn't throw drama around like confetti. He didn't pout. He just looked for a deal (like Nash) and got one with another team when we didn't offer him one. I don't blame the Mavs for not maxing a guy who may never be healthy for the playoffs and I don't blame Parsons for looking after himself and getting a good contract.

I don't think he should be booed, but I'm sure we'll hear some tonight.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote