View Single Post
Old 11-18-2016, 03:15 PM   #37
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

It is a little troubling that Parsons was so deeply entrenched in our decision making process for largely not proving anything. I was a big Parsons supporter while he was here because I do think, if healthy, he could have been good. But he was hurt both years, and I'm not sure he's going to be much more than a perimeter shooter going forward with that knee issue. Barnes has already shown me more than Parsons ever did though in just 10 games. Even in Parsons best stretch as they described in that article, my memory tells me it was mostly done off ball as a catch and shoot 3pt guy and his usual pump fakes. He also was pretty good in transition. Something we don't have the personnel to even see Barnes do much of. He never showed an ability to beat his man 1 on 1. And it seems the sole reason he was given that kind of influence was because Cuban and he became such good friends.

I do like that the other guys in the MBT group(Donnie, RC, Casey, Dirk) unanimously said no and Cuban listened so there's that but after reading this article I'm even more happy that he's gone. Because if Cuban had his way we really would be building around Parsons despite his injuries. I also would add that I do think Parsons will make a very very good FO guy, prolly a better FO guy than a player if his injuries remain an issue. When his playing career is over I'd be more than "ok" with him being in our FO down the line. The Jordan Wes idea was a good one IMO, he and monta did not get along on or off the court, and if it's true he wanted us to look at Barnes that was also a very good move it looks like. So i do think he has a good basketball mind.

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 11-18-2016 at 03:17 PM.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote