Thread: 2017 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2016, 10:57 AM   #139
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
RJ Hunter was waived today by the Bulls. I can't even bring myself to say bring him in for a look for the youth movement. He may be 23 yrs old and could improve, but he can't even play well in the D league the last 2 years. Simba looks like Ray Allen compared to him the last 2 years.

Speaking of the '15 draft and the Bulls though... anyone know why in the world Portis isn't playing more??? When I've watched the Bulls he easily looks better than Mirotic.
As an Arkansas fan, it miffs me. He's one of the all time dudes off the court and was a highly regarded teammate, so (I hope) it can't be that. There is probably some stuff he isn't picking up on or behind the scenes in practice that makes Mirotic a more reliable option for Hoiberg.

I was excited when Portis fell in the draft only to be disappointed in taking Anderson. Love the potential but would rather have a more dependable rotational big. I think Portis would be an improved Powell at a significantly lower cost, obviously. Anderson has shown his flashes but I don't like his game, to be honest. Coming out of college it was supposed to be his three point shooting that would most likely translate. So far, it's his athleticism, which is great. But he has not yet learned to control it and use it in more effective ways.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote