Thread: 2017 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2017, 06:06 PM   #190
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
My list from the eye test?

Risky moves
Ball - the next Kendall Marshal/MCW. Smart, quick, good size. Offense won't transfer to the NBA. Love guys who are just pure distributors, but you have to be able to keep an offense honest if you want to be a Nash/Maravich

Josh Jackson - offense is extremely limited. Athleticism won't be so noticeable at the next level. Fundamentals are flawed.

De'aaron Fox - May really struggle with offense. He'll either be Westbrook or he'll be one of a huge list of athletic players without a jump shot who wash out. He's fierce, but his offensive fundamentals are lacking. His jumper is not only inconsistent, but the mechanics of it are as well. Maybe that makes it more malleable. It just worries me that he doesn't have any consistent mechanics

Harry Giles - Ok, so we may not even be looking at him because he's basically Barnes, but he's still pretty far from contributing. He looks like Rashard Lewis but way more raw than even Lewis was at that point of his career and lightyears behind KG even coming out of high school

Moves I like

Fultz - has fluidity and versatility. Scoring is just something you either can struggle with or not. He just doesn't struggle. I worry about his motor, but his BBIQ is really high. He will contribute 17ppg/6apg his first season

Smith - Dude has a complete game. He's another Williams/Paul. He's a leader. He can score. He can run an offense. Excellent motor.

Monk - Dude is a young Jason Terry. He's a SG in the body of a big PG, but he just hits shots. You can't fake that.

Williams - love his game, but he's so much like Brandon Bass. He'll find success in the NBA, but he's not worth a lottery pick. 20-30, he'll be a steal.

Adebayo - same as Williams. I adore his game. He's a Tristan Thompson/Gorgiu Dieng type. He'll be in the league in 5-7 years. He's just not a great value in the lottery, but if we can pick him up with a later pick, I'd love him.

Ferguson - Could be really nice behind Matthews or as a replacement. Love his game.

Bolden - Will take 2-3 years to be decent and even more to be great, but he'll be the next big center.
Josh Jackson = Josh Smith imo.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote