View Single Post
Old 01-17-2017, 10:45 PM   #162
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
But what good is it to get a high pick in a draft that's loaded with PGs when you have Rubio under contract for the next couple seasons?
I can give you that. With all of this mess Mavs trying to lose, it is hard to keep in mind that Mavs will draft PG. Although they may end up not having any good enough available once their pick comes.

Rubio's contract is not awful. It is just 1 year too long. Mavs are not going to get any big names this offseasons, mainly because there are none available in a position that Mavs have a need at. (other than Greg Monroe and nobody wants him on a big long term contract).

I am only open to trade for Rubio because it will make Mavs worse. This season and next season. I have zero belief that he would develop jumpshot. Rondo has proven that, although his own ego has inhibited it. But another example is MCW who spent a season under Kidd's guidance - both similar style of players, yet even Kidd could not make MCW understand that he needs to hit threes to have any value in this league.

Oh yeah, I want to add that with Rubio I want two 2nd round draft picks at minimum also. Or lottery protected 1st. I am not talking about straight trade for Rubio.

Last edited by Thebo; 01-17-2017 at 10:47 PM.
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote