Thread: 2017 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2017, 03:10 PM   #27
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
Quote from hoopshype:
"I have asked scouts about Wiggins and the thing I’ve heard over and over again is that if he had any kind of killer instinct, he’s an absolute superstar. But he just hasn’t shown any indication of that. – via ESPN"

Talent alone will not guarantee that you become a superstar. We need someone that has "it" where "it" is a lot of things ...
- desire to win
- desire to improve
- desire to lead
- desire to follow the coach and game plan
- desire to make your teammates better sometimes at your own superstar expense
- courage to step up in key moments and also deliver
- desire to study the game and how it's evolved
- desire to improve your BBIQ to take the game to the next level

Most of this is not visible from 10 minute youtube videos. I just hope that we get a high enough pick to where we get our #1 choice overall no matter if it's 1 through 5. Obviously we get that if we get the #1 pick, but if you look at the last 20 years of first overall picks, I would say that 40% of them were either busts or not franchise players to build around. So making the right pick is actually more important than getting the #1 pick.
I think back to guys like Stromile Swift, Kwame Brown, Michael Olowokandi, Marcus Liberty and several others who were hyped up but turned out to be complete busts mainly because they just didn't have it between the ears.
We simply can't miss in this draft or it will set us back. We need some maturity and an NBA ready guy who can fit in with Barnes and Curry who are obviously going to be offensive catalysts going forward.

Last edited by rimrocker; 01-26-2017 at 03:12 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote