View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 11:38 AM   #71
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
I think it's too soon to determine which position we're in the greatest need of getting help. I say we take the best player available this time around, regardless of the position. That should be a no-brainer. If we can get another player who will open the floor like Dirk I say that'd be the ultimate win for the Mavericks right now. I want to give our three young players we never see time to grow and see what kind of impact they can bring after developing in our system. It'd be nice if Hammons becomes another reliable big body. And then we have a pair of 6'8" guys. It'd nice if they turn into something good.
Yeah, even with the nice young building blocks we now have ,we still have several key areas of need.
Two of those LT needs are PG and backup PG which I think Yogi will be one of them but the question now is which one?
He'll certainly have the opportunity to answer that question the rest of this season.

My point is that if we are picking around 10, and say Fox, Tatum and Markkanen are on the board, the answer is probably one of the two latter if Yogi plays the rest of the season like he has so far and shows signs of clearly taking over this team. If Yogi struggles they might want to take Fox and address the other areas of need in FA or trades.

Either way I think the BPA when we pick will fill a need.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote