Thread: Nerlens Noel
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 03:38 PM   #143
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Yeah, $8m in trade exceptions and non-consecutive 2nd rounders make this trade all the more impressive.

Also, how does one NOT have "character issues" playing for Philly? Dude gets drafted, then watches his team use top-3 picks to draft big men three years in a row after preaching their ridiculous "process" -- that's a tough pill to swallow.
I think this is a classic 'needs a new place to thrive' story...and the Mavs are a great place for that to happen. Not only does he fit a clear need for the Mavs, but Rick is great at putting players in a position to succeed. IF he stays healthy, I think this is a tremendous pickup for the Mavs. Heck, even if he did have actual 'character' issues, it is still a great place for a new start, and whatever issues he might have had likely won't surface or play a big role here. I think regardless of what happened in Philly Nerlen is going to be very excited for a chance to play and play a key role on a franchise that really wants him to succeed.
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote