Thread: 2017 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 10:57 PM   #416
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
No I think you hit the nail on the head. I just think people are too sensitive or unwilling to criticize Rick, but honestly he hasn't had a very good year coaching. I think his greatest achievement is developing Barnes but trying to run vets into the ground just doesn't work anymore. Not when those vets don't have the talent/health to keep up with the current NBA. That's basically what killed the team early on.

And it's not THAT there are vets on the roster...it's the over reliance on them that needs to change. I think next season will be the true start to the rebuild...or so I hope.
Yeah Rick seems to be a systems guy and naturally feels comfortable playing guys who fit his system which unfortunately for our situation is predominately vets .
He made a comment one night after one of Seth's great performances that leads me to think he had a long talk with Seth. His comment was basically that Seth had a great game but needed to find a way to get others involved.

I love that Rick is trying to maintain his system and I know he needs his vet to help sell it to the youth but like you said his reliance on vets to carry the load is not going to work in this league...especially when none of them are even close to all-star level.

Developing youth should have been the main priority the day we made the trade for Noel and let DWill go. Winning should have only been considered an indication of youth progress.
Now I'm about as confused with this team as I was in the beginning of the season because we've gone backwards in terms of youth development as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited by rimrocker; 03-22-2017 at 11:09 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote