Thread: Nerlens Noel
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2017, 07:58 AM   #189
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Also, there's a very outside chance that he turns down a max contract for less than max if he truly loves this organization. If he has faith that he could develop into an All-Star under Carlisle, it could mean a lot more earnings over the course of his career... But obviously his agent is going to steer him in the direction of the biggest contract he can get NOW.
There is zero reason for him to turn down anything less than the max he can get. When Dirk has taken less money, it was at the end of his career after already earning hundreds of millions of dollars and for a guy that honestly had all the money he ever wanted as shown by the number of commercial endorsements he took.

Noel is coming off his rookie contract after 2 1/2 years of bad team / injuries. This is his first "set for the rest of your life" contract where honestly, it would be stupid for him to take anything less than the max.

Like most fans, I've always wanted players to take less money to show their willingness to sacrifice, but I have no issues at all when any player goes to any situation purely for financial reasons. I'm pretty sure that I've never gone up to my boss and said, "I'll take a pay reduction for the good of the company." If I did, my wife would beat me silly and check me into a mental hospital.

Last edited by MavzMan; 04-14-2017 at 07:59 AM.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote