Thread: 2017 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2017, 03:13 PM   #914
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
They're not doing any of that, though. It's all pre-sales, I think 6 months out.
How do pre-sales change the equation? sure they get they money now vs. when the shoe is delivered, but if it costs $4.4 million to make a batch of 10,000 shoes and they only get 3.5 million from the sales, then they're losing money.

If they sell direct-to-consumer, then yeah they pay more for S/H, but they also don't give Footlocker their cut. It still doesn't change the fact that developing a shoe is expensive and starting production is expensive. Once you're going, your best friend is bulk and 10,000 units is minuscule when you're talking about foreign manufacturing and tariffs for importing.

Can't lie-- I still want one. Not because it will be a great shoe or because I like Ball. I want one like I want a Delorean in my garage-- just to own a catastrophic bust.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 05-05-2017 at 03:18 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote