View Single Post
Old 06-27-2017, 12:26 AM   #1037
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebo View Post
Question though. Chicago claimed T-Wolves' offer was best one on the table, I think there were at least as good ones and they simply went with familiar face plus future favor.

Anyone here would have taken Butler for something like 9th pick plus Matthews? Maybe throw in something little to sweeten it a bit, but I see this pretty similar to what Chicago got and as they wanted Lauri, then there was every reason to believe he was going to be there at 9. Just keep in mind that nobody thought DSJ is going to be available at 9.

I think that the Mavs had a chance to consider it but Butler's age was an issue. If this is the case then it clearly shows that Mavs are actually rebuilding through youth, especially when GSW keeps NBA finals locked until 2019-2020.
The Celtics should have went hard for him to me. Boston has made like 13 draft picks or something since 2013 and they have an unknown Jaylen Brown and Marcus Smart to show for it. Throw in Olynyk I guess but for as much crap as we give MC for trading down and missing Greek freak Boston traded up to get Kelly into our spot and didn't take Greek. Shouldda traded lotto tickets for Butler 100% when you are that close.

As for the Mavs I wouldn't have traded the #9 pick unless he agreed to extend with us. We are too far away to trade that pick for a possible 2 year rental. And since he didn't do it or nothing has been reported about extension talks I'd assume that isn't on the table from Butler's camp. I also don't think they want any part of Wes in a trade. A 3 and D guy without much 3 making 18m a year over 30yrs old is not high on the list of a team hitting the reset button. And since I don't think they could flip him for a 1st they wouldn't do us a favor in taking him off our books.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote