Thread: Nerlens Noel
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2017, 01:44 AM   #378
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Why is he as good as gone, I'm confused? We said we would match any offer. Not 1 team made a respectable offer for us to match. So there are 29 teams out there giving him 0 offers and one team that liked him enough to trade for him and has said he is their priority, their only priority. But because we won't make a bad deal that is above market value he will leave to join a team that didn't make an offer for him? Or are you saying he will be so good that teams will be lining up 1 year from now to make him a day 1 priority like some of the names listed above by UD? Edit- in which case, in that unlikely event nobody could offer more than we could.
I think UFA Nerlens is a 12:01AM signing for someone. About 20 teams are one trade away from having max space 11 months from now, and I think based on how this summer has gone, he'd jump on a 4-year max (or near-max) from someone else instead of waiting for us to potentially pay him more. Maybe I'm forgetting somebody, but was Otto Porter Jr the only RFA to even get an offer sheet so far this summer?

If he takes the QO, I think that's a strong indicator of burned bridges and I would put the odds of him staying here after that at way lower than 50%. Is there really any precedent for a guy taking the QO and then staying? or taking the QO and extending later in the season?

Right now my attitude is pay whatever it takes to keep him and anything less than $20M, or even $25M, should be considered found money.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote