Thread: Nerlens Noel
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 03:40 PM   #490
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post

And a 3&D guy like Wes is EXACTLY what we need next to DSJ at the 2... I get that Seth is most effective as a starter, but I think Wes has higher upside for this team if he can become a catch & shoot guy again. Not to mention that Rick will play a lineup of DSJ/Seth/Wes/Barnes/Noel when Dirk gets subbed out. I can see Seth being a "heavy minutes 6th man" a la Jason Terry, which should suit him just fine and allow him to get into a rhythm.
Completely agree and I'll add that I think Wes' strong leadership skills will help expedite DSJ's development.

I see a great backcourt situation for the Mavs....DSJ will improve Wes' game and Wes will be a strong influence on DSJ's development. In addition, Yogi/Curry was great chemistry as well last season and that could be a lethal punch off the bench. Then you have JJ/Harris as even more veteran firepower and leadership from the bench.

Gotta love our backcourt situation going into the season....especially considering how dismal it looked at this time last season.

Last edited by rimrocker; 08-11-2017 at 03:42 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote