Thread: NBA Free Agency
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2017, 09:18 AM   #378
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
IT great season great guy but you cant sustain what he accomplished last season. Just too undersized.
While I agree with you on IT's size, he is now the #2 guy on the team behind Lebon. IT was almost entirely the offense in Boston, so IMO this is going to be a net positive for Cleveland in the trade. IT and Kyrie's numbers from 2016 are actually really close to each other.

Quote:
I know what Im going to get yearly from Kyrie. And to me, Kyrie the best finisher at the rim.
IT's FTA for 2016 is almost double that of Kyrie. While Kyrie may be able to get his shot off more, IT is getting points and fouls on the other team. IT has also proven he has the ability to rally a team around him ... a true leader. I just don't see that in Kyrie ... yet.

Quote:
I think Cleveland got the best deal they could get for Kyrie considering the situation, but I dont think they got any better. Hopefully that pick is top 3 itll be close.
100% agree on this. Cleveland gave up a lot in Kyrie but they got a lot in return. This is a true win/win for both teams.

Quote:
And Crowder can only defend well. So hes a decent bench guy.
Crowder will or at least should replace JR in the starting lineup. Crowder is not a high scorer and doesn't need to be in Cleveland. He can defend multiple positions and should fit extremely well with Lebron. Regarding his offense:
2016 Crowder: 2335 MIN, 720 FGA, 46.3 FG%, 394 3PA, 39.8 3P%, 415 REB, 155 AST, 80 TOV, 73 STL, 23 BLK
2016 JR Smith: 1187 MIN, 356 FGA, 34.6 FG%, 271 3PA, 35.1 3P%, 113 REB, 62 AST, 26 TOB, 40 STL, 11 BLK
Now minutes played definitely attributes to higher Crowder numbers, 2335 MIN vs 1187 MIN for JR. But Crowder is still a big improvement.

Quote:
Celtics I believe got the better end of this. Tatum can develop + Kyrie/Hayward should be a great tandem for a long time.
Long term as of right now that is probably true given we have no idea what that #1 pick will be. However, if I'm a Cavs fan, I would be pretty happy with how it turned out given the situation. The Cavs made a really good haul for being backed into a trade corner. Now if Lebon leaves next year and IT demands a max salary on another bad team ... that is very debatable. But then, with the salary floor being 90% now, teams are gonna have to pay someone and IT is still a better choice than a lot of other players. There are only so many super stars in the league that truly deserve a max salary contract and there aren't enough for every team to get one.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote