Thread: NBA Free Agency
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2017, 09:04 AM   #386
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
I still think the Cavs won this trade as I have no idea who Boston was bidding against, other than themselves at this point. The inclusion of the Brooklyn 1st rounder is the tipping point here, IMO.
I read somewhere about the Bucks possibly offering Middleton, Brogdon and a 1st. Doesnt mean its true but it sounds plausible. Maybe the Suns and a couple other teams had offers in. For Ainge to include that pick there had to have been a couple of things in play: legit threat of another viable offer. And that the Nets improved enough this offseason that the pick is just as likely to be close to #10 as it is to #1. Maybe the Nets threaten for a playoff spot if Crabbe and Russell play well and Levert and Hollis-Jefferson continue to improve? They are pretty thin upfront having lost Lopez. I'm guessing that pick still lands top 5, in which case huge win for the Cavs.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote