Thread: Nerlens Noel
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2017, 08:56 AM   #718
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog63 View Post
A couple points of reference:

NBA Center salaries

Where would you rank Nerlens on this list?
I would put him at around #11. There are one or two that shouldn't be that high but then there are one or two below that should be up higher. So according to those numbers, Noel should expect the $17-18 mill/yr range which is exactly what the Mavs offered. Noel at this point is significantly below Whiteside, Drummond, DJ, Gasol, Gobert, and Cousins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
2) lobs and dump-downs. You're right that they should not just be attributable to him- they're a result of a good pass, but they absolutely help the team by getting us two free points and preventing the team from playing a zone on our shooters. Once he gets some lobs teams have to adjust and shooters become open.
Yes, you are correct and I need to clarify my statement. He is not making his teammates better by being on the court ... like Dirk or Duncan or Lebron. My view of a max contract is a person that simply being on the court makes his teammates play better. Noel could be that defensively, but his offense is nowhere near it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
15/12/2/2 is max contract in the nba. You might not value him at max, heck I think most dont think many players in the nba are max, but that doesnt matter. He puts up those numbers next season, he will get a max offer from another team. He has his entire career ahead of him and teams will offer the 4 year deal.
I don't see this happening given next year's amazing free agency class, the devaluing of the center position, and also the number of centers coming into the draft. I understand many players are earning max that shouldn't be, but that's not a valid argument for Mavs to offer him one with 15/12/2/2 numbers at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I feel like his mom is saying that stuff to save face from Noel turning down 4/70.
Mom's are awesome. I should call my Mom today.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote