View Single Post
Old 11-02-2017, 03:51 PM   #61
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlowerPower View Post
Not true. Dirk has a -14.4 OnCourt...because this team is garbage with or without him. But his On/Off is only -4.4. So they're 10 points better (or less sucky), with him on the court. For comparison, Noel is worse. He's -15.5 and -5.3. Though it's probably too early in the season to divulge a lot on +/-.

If Dirk were holding back a talented young player, that's one thing. But he isn't. Our other frontcourt guys are Noel (nowhere near a Max guy, and he'll be gone in the offseason), Powell (no comment), Kleber (like him, but he's a role player who should be playing over Powell), Salah (bench guy...should get a little more burn though), and Whithey (same).

Sure, Dirk is a defensive liability...but so is Powell. Dirk also is still a positive defensive rebounder. The season is a lottery pick either way, so I find it odd to focus on 39 year-old Dirk playing decent ball.
I think you have a point that essentially someone has to play themselves into his spot. But, It's a bit more complicated than just Dirk isn't holding back young talent. Dirk always gets ultimate respect from Cuban and Rick as well as the entire City...how easy do you think it is for them to approach him with coming off the bench etc? There's also ticket sales aspect, he is still a major Draw.

Don't be offended that I chose to post about Dirk, I spread it around.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote