View Single Post
Old 11-02-2017, 04:47 PM   #67
GlowerPower
Banned

GlowerPower is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I won't argue that Barnes isn't playing like we may have hoped. I need more time with him this season tho.

I'm not a huge fan of stats as a whole...they don't tell the whole story. There are key rebounds and mismatch opportunity that this team squanders and Dirk may be right at the top of the list in regards of missed opportunities at key moments in some of these games.
Watching the games, he hasn't been, IMO. In fact, he kept the Utah game semi-winnable in the 4th.

You need more time with Barnes? We've had over a full season with him. He is what he is. At very best, he's a fourth option on a playoff team. Nothing more. The problem with Barnes is, he's only good at one thing. Long twos. Literally the most inefficient shot in basketball. He's a solid defender, decent three point shooter (who refuses to take more threes). That's it. Below average rebounder, can't get to the FT line, can't create for others. He isn't going to magically become someone else. Last year his BPM was -1.9 (-5.1 this year), .1 VORP, 16.3 PER, 54% TS%. This is Harrison Barnes. He's an incredibly inefficient (as a go-to guy), average player being paid a max contract and asked to be a 1 option. That is this team's biggest problem...our first option is barely a Top 100 player...
GlowerPower is offline   Reply With Quote