View Single Post
Old 11-03-2017, 01:21 AM   #79
GlowerPower
Banned

GlowerPower is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
I see GP's point. HB was average in terms of advanced statistics, and he was force fed the ball quite a bit. That being said last year it really seemed like he was a young guy who would continue to improve and add different facets to his game until he was a borderline all-star. Now, his ceiling seems far lower than it did last year. Obviously they're in two very different situations, but it's pretty depressing to see Chandler Parsons outplay him.
HB isn't going to improve, is the thing. It's not like he's 21. It really is a case of he is what he is. He isn't suddenly going to learn how to create for others, rebound better, get to the FT line more, etc. The best one could hope for is for him to take and make more threes. Everyone in the NBA knew whoever maxed him out would be a cool...but MC was desperate. I just hope when we have cap flexibility again, we're smarter with it. I know it's hard to get free agents here, but we had a chance to sign Dragic a few years back and didn't. Mistakes like that add up. If we signed Dragic, drafted Greek Freak, this team might look a lot different...
GlowerPower is offline   Reply With Quote