View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 02:53 PM   #92
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Hayward injury is almost a blessing in disguise really. Tatum is better than advertised. I thought he was easily most NBA ready of the top guys last year. Liked him way more than Josh Jackson. I think most here didn't want him because he compared similarly to Barnes(we all would have taken him if he fell but there was no chance he'd fall). His 3pt shot looks infinitely better than Barnes though. Celtics built their team the right way, unlike the direction the Mavs are going. They have loaded up on versatile wings to switch everything on defense. when Hayward is back next year they have Hayward, Brown, Tatum who can switch all day long on defense and can do a myriad of things on offense. And their big is a skilled passer who provides a little of everything. The Mavs have a litany of 6'1-6'3 guards and have maybe the worst wing depth in the NBA.
Not necessarily. The Celtics were able to get some really favorable returns from trades, for which the Mavs have no chance to match. Sure they could sell some of the vets off, but not for multiple first rounders that ended up being supreme picks (lol Nets). I'm not sure the Mavs can follow that blue print. I'm guessing it will take somewhere between the Celtics rebuild and the 76ers, except we can't afford to eff up the draft as much as the 76ers.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote