View Single Post
Old 12-18-2017, 11:24 AM   #11
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I love Dirk, would love to see him play another season, but he's the worst possible thing for a rebuild -- dude is talking about trying to sneak into the playoffs this year. This team doesn't have the talent to make the playoffs, but they're certainly scrappy enough to push for a mediocre pick... I just don't see us getting back into contention until after we've gone through a full rebuild, and I don't see us going through a full rebuild until after Dirk retires. The longer he sticks around, the longer it's going to be until we're a playoff team again.
I agree 100%. I've decided that I'm pretty much done watching the Mavs this year. I don't want to go through the agony of them winning just enough games to get a middling pick. I now fully expect it, so I've now readjusted my expectations for the future. At the rate their going, it'll be 2020 or 2021 before they have a playoff contending team on the upswing now. Then again, they might trade some more first rounders away for a mediocre vet and drag it out even longer. :-(

Last edited by turin; 12-18-2017 at 11:25 AM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote