View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 09:50 PM   #21
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack.Kerr View Post
Really? Not sure this is the game you'd want to make that kind of pronounecment. Comparable production:

Ntilikina: 25 minutes off the bench | 7pts (on 8FGA)| 7reb | 5ast | 1stl | 2blk

Smith: 24 minutes as a starter | 11pts (on 14FGA) | 3reb | 5ast | 2 stl

Neither of them on the floor at winning time

Depends on what kind of PG you want and who you're playing him with. They have different games. I would prefer the type of player Ntilikina is, a facilitator PG with size/length and quickness to defend different positions. Pretty confident NYKs are okay with their choice.

Ntilikina reminds me of a very young Dennis Johnson-type player; Smith more of an enhanced Darren Collison (+hops). They should both improve; hope they can both avoid injury.
Honest question, did you watch the game?

What I saw was two guys with very different mentalities. Frank was playing off the ball quite a bit and was complacent with it in his hands. You called him a facilitator and I didn't see that at all. Granted, the Knicks run their offense through Porzingis, but I think DSJ takes way more initiative with the ball and has a much higher upside on offense. More than enough to make up for the fact that Frank will likely be the better defender.