Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 05:06 PM   #216
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Magnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
There is zero reason for him to stay in college another year. Unless teams do a physical on him and see something really bad, there is still no way he drops below 6 or 7. It is a crazy amount of risk on losing a guaranteed multi-million dollar contract. You love your school? Great! Make a donation and become a coach after you retire.
I agree 100%. It's likely this is a sentiment Porter Jr expressed in high school, and once he talks to advisers that lay out the financial ramifications of staying in school, he'll almost certainly have a change of heart. That said, most prospects of his caliber come in with a one & done mindset. Apparently, Porter Jr does not have that mindset. I bet in his mind he thinks he'd come back, be the best player in college basketball, win a championship for Missouri, and go #1 overall in the 2019 draft. He may view being the drafted towards the bottom of the top 10 as unsatisfactory. Who knows?

I definitely think you have to leave the door open, at least partially, that Porter Jr might not declare for the 2018 draft.
Magnum_3_Ball is offline   Reply With Quote