Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2018, 05:37 PM   #260
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Magnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
You bring up some fair points (especially style of competition vs. level of competition), but I'm going more with the eye test than with stats. Sure, he's dominating Euroleague, but he isn't doing it with the same physicality as Sexton or the same efficiency as Young.

Or to put it another way, I think his limited athleticism coupled with his inefficiency could hurt him more than, say, Bamba's limited offense... Even if he never develops a full array of offensive moves, Bamba can fall back on his freakish wingspan to pull down boards and swat shots. I'm not sure that Doncic has much to fall back on if he doesn't get his efficiency worked out. Sure, he's smart and has plenty of time to figure it out at his age, but what if he doesn't? I don't think he's going to be another Ricky Rubio, but it may keep him from ever becoming something special in this league.
Here's a video I saw breaking down Doncic's strengths & weaknesses that I really liked. It was posted back in July, so not the most up-to-date, but it features an interview with a guy who was formerly the Pacers international chief of scouting. The player comps are pretty bad, imo. Although, the Chandler Parsons comp has some truth to it. I still like a Brandon Roy comp the most. This guy in the video says he's a legit PG, and this is the second video highlight I've seen where Doncic displays some elite level passing. Again this was back in July, I wonder if he's changed his mindset this season for some reason? I still see Doncic as more of a SG based on the more current videos I've seen of him.

Anyways, some strong analysis in this video. Give it a look & tell me what you think. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu_Ejkd8N8E
Magnum_3_Ball is offline   Reply With Quote