Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 01:41 PM   #296
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum_3_Ball View Post
I know that post I made last night was really long, but somebody read that & then tell me how we're picking 8th?

Somebody look at the Mavs remaining schedule & tell me how we get to 30 wins? Tank or no tank, this team isn't good enough to get to 30 wins. It just isn't. Not with the addition of Greg Monroe, not if every Maverick magically stays healthy the rest of the season. For us to drop that far in the draft order, we'd have to astronomically bad luck. Like say every other team we play is missing 1 or 2 of their best players due to injury or rest. I can't really forecast that.

Even if that happens, there's still a lot of PHX vs SAC, ATL vs ORL, CHI vs BKN, MEM vs LAL games left on the schedule. Somebody has to win those games. Trust me when I say this, I spent several hours on this last night, the Mavs are going to finish somewhere between the 3rd and 6th worst record in the league this year. I'd give you 10-1 odds on that, and I'd be making money.
Because ESPN worked their mock backwards and thought about which players they'd like to see on certain teams, rather than considering where teams will actually finish and then determining who they'd most likely pick.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote