Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2018, 07:06 PM   #1
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

It's definitely going to be interesting. Luckily, I don't think the Mavs have to make that call. At this point, I'm just hoping the MAvs can avoid 7/8.

I really wonder about Ayton. I highly doubt he will make it out of the second round. UofA really isn't going far and it's not really Ayton's fault. Duke and Michigan, on the other hand, will most likely make the final four. A lot of that is the supporting cast, though. It's definitely easier to draft Bagley after he makes a splash in the final four/championship game than it's going to be to take Ayton who will have been eliminated early in the tourney, even if he puts up some solid numbers. A lot of people throw around the "he knows how to win" thing, but UofA has had a tough time with injuries and centers have it toughest when it comes to making an impact. Without guards to assist, Ayton is going to have a hard time impressing in the tourney.

The NCAA vs. International thing is even more interesting. As far as I can tell, we've only ever had two players drafted first from overseas-- Yao Ming and Andrea Bargnani. Yao was amazing in his relatively short career. Bargnani was good but not great for a 1st overall, although he did come from one of the worst draft years on record. Really makes me wonder if we'll see an international in a draft as strong as this. Things have certainly changed since Dirk.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 01-26-2018 at 07:11 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote