Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 11:47 PM   #339
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Magnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
My Mavs draft board

1) Bagley (hard to compare him to someone -- Ben Simmons comes to mind)
2) Doncic (I'm starting to buy into the hype)
3) Ayton (you wonder how he'll fit in to today's game, but ultimately his presence in the half-court offense is too much to pass on)
4) Jackson Jr. (over Bamba because he's displayed more skill on offense while flashing some of the same game altering defense (and better lateral speed on perimeter when switching))
5) Porter Jr. (if the back checks out you take him over Bamba because you know Porter can average 20 a game in the league)
6) Bamba (questions about bulk and health drive him down)
7) Knox (flashed some of the offensive skill that makes him so dangerous vs. WV)
8) Mikal (best defender in NCAA;likely a role player, but one every team needs)
9) Miles (tweener, but hitting 90% of FTs this season which he'll need to do to continue to drive in the NBA)

off the board --> Wendell Carter (Jahlil Okafor redux, not made for today's NBA); R. Williams (too raw; can't hit FTs; undersized); Point Guards

Honestly, I agree with this outside of I take Porter Jr off my board completely. Can't think of one NBA player who had a discectomy who came back as the same player (granted it's rare for a player this young, so maybe there's more hope for Porter Jr. A 15 year NBA career, probably not tho). Dwight Howard, Rudy Fernandez, Peja Stojakovic, Grand Ma Ma aka Larry Johnson, Brad Daugherty, and Larry Bird are just a few examples of players who were nowhere near their former selves after a herniated disc.

I would also take Bagley III down from my top spot. I would probably slide Mikal Bridges into Porter Jr's spot, and slide Bagley III behind Bamba.

I wanna see more from Knox, and I'm not overly impressed with Miles Bridges. He's definitely undersized.

My list would look something like

Luka Doncic
DeAndre Ayton
Jaren Jackson Jr
Mikal Bridges
Trae Young (he's a special talent too good to pass up if he falls to us)
Marvin Bagley III
Mohamed Bamba

Not sure I really feel strongly about any other players because these are Tier 1 players. Everyone else is in Tier 2 right now imo. Plus, I don't see the Mavs falling out of the top 7 picks.

Kevin Knox, Miles Bridges, Collin Sexton. I'm not sure any of these guys are significantly better than Troy Brown, Lonnie Walker or even Brandon McCoy. I'm also hearing better reports on Wendell Carter Jr than you have.

Overall it's a very good list
Magnum_3_Ball is offline   Reply With Quote