View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 01:16 AM   #43
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Magnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
It's widely known that Mavs fans thought they were smarter than Rick about Roddy and reality handed fans their ass.
I'm not questioning Carlisle's player evaluation ability. I am questioning whether getting more minutes for our veterans over Motley is wise. I will give him some slack seeing how Powell is absorbing more minutes, and even I don't want to see Dirk's minutes impacted by the tanking effort.

That said, Barnes was out tonight & we were facing the Clippers who had Gallinari & Jordan on the floor for most of the game. Definitely an opportunity to play a big lineup vs the opponent. Rick chose not to in favor of guys like Ferrell, Devin Harris, Barea & Wes Matthews.

3 years from now, in all likelihood, none of those guys will still be with the Mavs, so why do we care about their development? Honestly, Motley is a longshot to be with the Mavs 3 years from now either, but at least we can get an honest look at the guy & see what we have. Kinda like what they're doing with Powell right now.
Magnum_3_Ball is offline   Reply With Quote