View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 09:31 AM   #58
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Magnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I am glad we lost, but Smith's shooting woes are still a bit concerning.
I've been impressed with his range. I'd have to look closer, but nothing about his form jumps out at me as poor. I'm just not worried about a guy who just turned 20 & doesn't shoot great, yet. I made a post on here awhile back about how DSJ's #s are remarkably similar to Westbrook's #s in his rookie year (across the board). DSJ has never had to rely on his jump shooting to get him through games; he's always just been more athletic than everyone else on the floor. Even though DSJ is still more athletic than most of his competition the gap isn't so wide anymore, and now he has to adjust.

If anything, I'm more concerned about his shot selection at times, but he's still young & learning. I'll be more concerned if it's year 3 & he's fallen off of Westbrook's pace. Then again, DSJ 39.1% FG this season, Wes Matthews (who I've heard posters here call a great shooter) 40.9% FG this season.
Magnum_3_Ball is offline   Reply With Quote