View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 09:40 AM   #59
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum_3_Ball View Post
It's widely known that Carlisle and Popovich have a reputation for not liking to play rookies. I was saying Carlisle is taking that approach with Motley, not the other rookies.
First, you're contradicting yourself. "Carlisle doesn't play rookies. Carlisle takes that approach with Motley, but not the other rookies." So what you're really trying to say is that Carlisle is fine with rookies, just not Motley ... for whatever reason.

Second, Carlisle and Popovich I believe have the same coaching patterns. They cannot stand low BBIQ players regardless if they are rookie or not, but it just happens to be more prevalent in rookies. For example, we thought getting OJ Mayo was going to be great. He turned out to be one of the lowest BBIQ players in the league. Then we got Monta and I still love the guy, but he did/does consistently make bone-headed plays.

Lastly, RC actually has played rookie/young players that show the determination and effort such as Yogi, Jae Crowder, Justin Anderson, and even going all the way back to Josh Howard. So I just don't buy the whole "RC doesn't play rookies" argument.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote