Thread: Nerlens Noel
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 12:46 PM   #1030
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

The bigger issue may be continually trading for players who aren't "Carlisle guys" or who RC doesn't want in the first place(Rondo). I think in this instance its MORE on Noel, absolutely. I also think its possible they got off on the wrong foot, as evidenced by his playing time fluctuations, not starting. I totally blame Rondo and mostly blame Noel. But it seems from an outside observers perspective that there was also some passive aggressive sabotage going on there.

I've advocated for pouring more resources into scouting for ages. I think that if you've got guys that have the clout but not the requisite knowledge (Cuban especially but also Dirk with Rondo?) making personnel decisions based on emotion or "feel" it can sow dissension and distrust. Luckily Donnie is such a softie, happy to be here sort, that it can be overcome. As I said in another thread the triangulation of MBT has been our biggest pitfall. This season everyone finally, FINALLY seems to be on the same page-- trading Devin to help the tank for modest assets, RC sitting vets last night. Hopefully Harrison Barnes sitting again against SAC...
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote