Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 09:43 AM   #5
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum_3_Ball View Post
I think people make too much of the we already have X, so we can't have Y notion. If Portland thought that way, they never would of drafted CJ McCollum after they already had Damian Lillard. There's proof two 6-3 guards can work together.

It's not ideal, but it can work, and taking a player who works out is always better than taking a player who doesn't even if there's some redundancy.
I would argue that CJ+DL and DSJ+TY is more like X+X rather than X+Y. And the CJ+DL is not entirely working out either as POR is hanging onto the 6th seed, is definitely in the 3rd tier of WCF playoff teams and there was even talk about them trading off CJ to find a more complimentary piece. The biggest argument against drafting TY and going with DSJ+TY long term is just that small ball is exciting and will win you regular season games, but when defenses crank up in the playoffs and referees choke their whistle, the little guys get more abused. However, I'm playing devil's advocate here and I'm not really a big fan of Bamba either.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote