Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 12:15 PM   #618
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
As much as I want to pair DSJ with someone magnificent, it does make me wonder if we just go with BPA

Imagine if the Clippers were willing to pick up a PF and drafted LaFrentz, Dirk, or Jamison instead of going for the center and nabbing Olowakandi? Sure, it's not just a matter of BPA-- hype played a role, but man. There are a lot of teams that drafted by position rather than BPA and missed some truly generational talent.

Not really a comment on Trae. I like the kid a lot and you have to accept that at least on paper the dude is a Steph Curry-type. Not sure how much will transition to the next level, but I like his jumper and his vision.
Yeah I know you said it's not a comment on Trae but while still on Trae he does worry me more than say sexton. I do fear he is a chucker putting up numbers rather than actually being a great player. He's in a super bad slump right now also and Oklahoma is suffering all the more for his chucking right now. Not saying he's not a top 10 player in this draft but not long ago I thought he could go top 5. No way I'd take him over others right if we have someone rated similarly. For instance if you think Mikal is 9th best and Trae is 7th best I'd prolly go with Mikal even though he's 2 years older.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote