Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 12:50 PM   #1
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum_3_Ball View Post
I don't understand the fear, I guess. Especially itemized to one stretch of a shooting slump. Shooters go through slumps. Like, would you move him down or up your draftboard based on the length of a shooting slump he had as a high school senior? Do you even care if he had a shooting slump as a high school senior?

I know those are kinda silly questions, but I don't know his high school #s in terms of a slump or not. I assume he had some slumps & moved past them. Just like I assume he'll move past this slump too. Seems like an overreaction.

I do understand the fear because Trae Young might have one of the lowest floors of any players in this draft & if you're risk adverse, then you tend to want to stay away.

I like what Seth Greenberg said about Trae Young the best. "He's not Steph Curry, but he is Steph Curry-esque."
I should clarify it's not just because of the shooting slump. It's what prompted me to look a little more into him and I didn't necessarily like what I saw. He has great numbers at face value but he's also shooting 20fg's a game. Mikal, in my example, is ultra efficient with over 61%TS. Trae could be trying to do too much or could be feeling pressure from all the hype who knows. I don't watch near enough to make a real informed opinion. But according to recent articles he didn't go to Texas Tech, because he said "they need more talent". So he chose to go to Oklahoma yet Tech is playing much better than Oklahoma while presumably less talented. I'd have to look into their teams but he's just starting to show some flags I'm not thrilled with, and I don't think he would fit well with DSJ either. I wish he would go off just so he could get picked before us in the event we don't finish with a top 3-4 pick. But for now I have him in the same group as Mikal and Sexton and I'd prolly take him last of the group personally.

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 02-14-2018 at 12:51 PM.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote